This formula is for women, if you are a man and would like the men's formula, just leave a comment and I will post it.
655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years) = ____calories
Next calculate your activity level.
- If you are sedentary : BMR x 20 percent
- If you are lightly active : BMR x 30 percent
- If you are moderately active (You exercise most days a week.) : BMR x 40 percent
- If you are very active (You exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods.) : BMR x 50 percent
- If you are extra active (You do hard training or are in athletic training.) : BMR x 60 percent
Add this number to your BMR (above calorie number)_____ = Your number: ____ Total Calories to maintain weight.
In order to lose weight, you must create a calorie deficit. It is easier to cut back your calorie intake a little bit at a time. Every 3,500 calories is equivalent to one pound. If you cut back 500 calories a day, you should lose one pound per week. If you exercise to burn off 500 calories you should lose one pound per week. The best way is to do a combination of both. So to lose one pound per week you should cut back 250 calories and burn off 250 calories a day.
A healthy weight lose is .5 - 2 pounds per week.