Friday, August 14, 2009

Starting Over

It has been over a month since my last post here. There are many reasons why I haven't posted, busyness being one of them. But last night I went to a health seminar at church and now I am renewing my commitment to walking in health.

Did you know that a study by the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF), found that 2/3 of all cancers can be prevented if we diet, exercise, keep our weight low and don't smoke? 90% of all cardiovascular disease can be prevented or reversed by the same. This new generation, is the first generation that will die before their parents if they continue to live the life style they are living. Sobering statistics.

So sobering in fact, that I am crying while writing this post. How can I be so blind? How can I contribute to this epidemic? Oh Lord, I am so sorry for not living the life you created for me. I cannot serve you to the best of my ability while I am tired, weak or sick.

So I am starting over. It will not be easy. The recommendations that were suggested are very hard, and I might even add, expensive, but I going to walk diligently toward the goal set before me.

Health!

5 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. I know if I just do certain things, a lot of my health concerns could be reversed. So why don't I attack it with a vengeance? I don't know...

    I'm with you in the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to...The devil has a hand in the weight addictions of this world, i am sure of it. I have got to give my weight problem to the Lord. I hope he does not grow weary of me turning to him every few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to learning what you have learned and WILL be learning as you walk toward health. I am walking WITH you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a physical in August. Then, my weight was in the obese range and my blood pressure was high. I have since joined SparkPeople.com, changed my eating habits, exercise and have lost 9 lbs and inches from my thighs and stomach. I have quite a ways to go! I like to think in terms of football-I have one yard and 4 first goals before I reach a healthy weight. It is a challenge, but the rewards are incredible! I started my exercise with walking and have now added some jogging. Matter of fact, I could not wait to get home today so I could relieve stress by exercising. I also took my CD's and made an exercise CD. So sometimes I add a little dance to my walk.
    The only advice i have? GO FOR IT!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
    Visit my blog-http://hope42day.wordpress.com for a recent healthy recipe.
    Blessings for courage, faith in yourself and the stamina to never give in or give up!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a fellow blogger and I have buddied up to help each other achieve our goals. If you would like a buddy, visit my blog and let me know. I find it really helpful to walk with someone else who is going through the same challenge.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete